Sunday, January 24, 2016

Oh hey, Remember us?

It's been awhile, but I'm not going to try to go backwards... that seems overwhelming. So here goes just trying to pretend like I didn't abandon this blog for over a year. Glad we're on the same page...

This week started off great with a day off school on Monday for MLK Jr. Day which Clint and I spent on a date to the new Star Wars movie! I sure love me a date with my hubby. :) 

Isn't he just the cutest?

Then, Tuesday I decided to just get a little crazy and chop off my hair. Ya know, wintertime just needs something to spice it up occasionally. 

In other news, Olivia had a really rough time the first time we tried potty training and we're all afraid to do that again... so the little froggy potty has been neglected in the bathroom for awhile and I worried that my child would be the only one in kindergarten that just never got potty trained. How embarrassing! For both of us really.
Then, randomly this past week she has been asking to sit on the froggy potty. Clint and I looked at each other like "is this Olivia?" then promptly said "uh, sure" and she loved it so I gave her one of the mints that was in my purse because these behaviors should really be rewarded but alas, I was unprepared 
and lets be honest, she wasn't getting my secret stash of lindor truffles for just sitting there
but she was happy with the mint and this request happened on a daily basis every night before bedtime. 
On Thursday morning however, Olivia switched it up and wanted to sit on the froggy potty in the morning after breakfast and so Ruby and I sat in the bathroom with her and we all just chatted 
and wondered how long to sit there until we could leave without crushing this good thing we had going, but really just getting kind of bored.
when Olivia asked for a drink of juice, and you all know what happened next! She peed!! And then kind of freaked out a little bit... I don't think she meant to do it. So it was seriously a drop. But we cheered and partied and high fived and made a REALLY big deal out of that drop and then she got a sucker!
She hasn't sat on the froggy potty since, so I don't know what happened... but small victories are all we need around here! Maybe someday she'll  be out of diapers afterall...

On Friday, Clint had a snow day! So hooray for 3 day work weeks! The weather forecasted 4-8 inches of snow and lots of ice... and we woke up to about a 1/2 inch that didn't really cover up the grass on our lawn... but here in the south, any snow is snow and I was able to run errands without anybody else on the roads or at the store, plus Clint got to hang out with us so I will never complain about a snow day. Even if there is no snow...
And lucky for us that is exactly the kind of snow day we had snow gear for! So Olivia loved playing in the puddle on our back porch!

And lest we forget that since our last post on this blog, I did actually have a second baby, here is a little update on Ruby!
She has been SUPER into real table food lately, basically to the point that I only buy baby food for when our food really requires a good set of teeth, because she does not have many of those yet. But based on the amount of drool and chewing on everything she has been doing, maybe that will change in the next week or two.
She is a happy, easy going girl though. She is totally content pulling our DVDs off the shelf and sliding them all over the floor. That is her kind of party!
I wish I had a picture of that, but I don't... but look at that smile!
Cutie patootie.

So all in all, we're doing well!
 It's good to be back. 

1 comment: