Thursday, November 17, 2011

Little Drummer Boy



I know, save Thanksgiving and all that jazz... I just love Christmas music. plain and simple. I am still thankful. I promise. 

Here's the thing. I cry everytime I hear this song. I just think of this drummer boy going to see the Newborn King. 

"I have no gift to bring that's fit to give a King"

I just feel that way sometimes ya know? But this is what I learn from this song. The boy just gives what he has. He plays his drum. He plays his best and the Christ Child smiles at him. 
And his drum, his playing, that was enough.

I was at education week in August, listening to Scott Anderson, (who is amazing) and he was talking about the woman at the well. She had been cast out and her name was defamed. As she drew water, Christ asked her if she would draw him a drink. It was pointed out that this woman was, to the world, worthless. She had nothing to offer the Savior of the World... except she did have exactly what was needed to give Him a drink.  Christ saw her one strength in that moment and magnified it.
 She was able to do exactly what He asked of her.
 He had made sure of it.

As the holidays are here and I am thinking of what I am Thankful for, and also the birth and life of my Savior, this song epitomizes everything I think of. I may not have a lot to give. I may be a poor newlywed, living with my husband on the salary of a first grade teacher, but I know I have something, because the Lord doesn't look at what I don't have. 
He looks at what my strengths are and He makes those strengths the only things that matter. 
I am grateful for that.
 It gives me hope and allows me to be optimistic. 

Just wanted to share.
I love my life.
<3

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, girlie!

    Thanks for that! It was EXACTLY what I needed today.

    Earlier today Ryan was singing "bum, bum, bum, bum" in the car. He loves that song!

    Hope things are going well for you!

    ReplyDelete