Thursday, June 13, 2013

Busy busy summer! ...with lots of pictures :)

I feel like time is going so so very fast right now. I swear I was still in the beginning of May counting down school days yesterday... I had my whole summer separated into segments. 

1st. Finish teaching and clean out the classroom  
 check!
2nd. Make it to Idaho to help with Esther's wedding (and not go into labor that week) 
check and check!
3rd. Have a baby.
 Are we at this point already?
4th. Move to Tennessee. 

Will someone please tell me how those first two got checked off already? O man. Well, I've taken a few pictures to document that, in fact, those first two things actually happened... so here they are. Enjoy.

First, teaching is over. WAY mixed emotions about this one. I am going to miss these little kiddos I got to call mine for the last year, but I am so excited to really have my own little kiddo that is mine for the rest of forever. It's hard, especially since my real child won't be nearly as funny as these kids for a few years and I will definitely miss those stories...


I am seriously going to miss these crazy kids! I love each one of them and hope they remember 2nd grade (not just the ambulance episode...)
I shed a tear or two as I walked away from this empty classroom and all its memories.
 If walls could talk, oh the stories these would tell.


Moving on before I cry again. (Blame the pregnancy hormones)

Next, I went to Idaho!!! Home of the potatoes and my wonderful in-laws! :) 
My brother in law left for his mission on Wednesday of that week so we got him all ready. Then, my sister in law Esther married this awesome guy named Dustin and we had to get all ready for it two days later! I actually stayed for the whole week and Clint had to come back to Utah for work, so I was a little nervous about being so busy and on my feet and having contractions and possibly having a too early baby without my husband or my doctor within a few hundred miles... but it all worked out and we are very happy it did. 

Isn't she beautiful?
All the siblings :) minus the missionary of course...

It was a really fun weekend and I got to know my in-laws even better and we laughed and cried a lot
 (Those poor parents sent off a missionary and gave away the oldest girl in the same week!) 
and it was great!

Now we are on to #3!! Having a BABY!! 
Welcome to week 36 where Alissa can barely glimpse those toes way down there. Let's not even talk about reaching them... painted toes and shaved legs have come to a halt until further notice. 
I went to the doctor today and he said I was 1 cm dilated and 80% thinned... I wasn't exactly sure what that meant, but he seemed impressed so I went with it. Later, I called my mother (it is seriously so nice to have a nurse for a mother) and she said that's apparently really thin and it might mean I'll have a fast labor! 
woot woot! love hearing that!

In other baby related news, I tried going to the local water park and get some tanning done the other day, until I got there and realized laying on the ground with a 9 month pregnant belly is not the most comfortable thing in the world... in fact it lasted a whole 10 minutes before I decided to walk in the lazy river instead, which I realized was only 3 feet deep and did not even start to cover the belly so I was squat walking through the lazy river (looking like a crazy lady I'm sure) until I got over that real quick. I tried the wave pool and although that was the best option of the day, I left the water park about an hour and 1/2 after I got there.
 Maybe after I'm not so pregnant that pass will come to better use...

Until then, you can find me laying on the couch reading up my summer book list from the library and enjoying the 28 days left until Miss Olivia decides to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment