Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A scary story just in time for October

So this morning I was sitting on my couch with Olivia and trying to get her to take her nap when I saw a black car pull into our driveway. 

This was slightly strange, but the mailman goes around in a beat up little junker car so I figured maybe this was a package delivery guy? 

A fairly large man gets out of the car and starts walking up the walkway. I listen for him to knock on the door, debating whether I will actually answer it since I am in my robe and the baby is almost asleep.

To my surprise, the door knob turns. And stops.

This is when my heart starts RACING and I'm very grateful Clint locked the door before he left this morning. 

Then I hear the noise of a key or something in the lock! 

I got off the couch and went to the door. I pushed against it with my back.

Maybe I was thinking I could keep this big man out with my size? Not sure why I didn't grab a knife... or my pepper spray which happened to be by the couch I was just sitting on... All I know was I was freaking out and it was the first thing that came to mind. 

The man stopped jiggling the lock and I looked out the peep hole. 

He was looking around and then audibly gasped and apologized before turning around and walking back toward his car. 

I opened my door.

Again, not one of my best moves looking back, if he had been a crazy man, this could have been bad...

He turned around and apologized again, saying he was from out of town and he got the wrong house. He then walked to his car and drove next door with a beautiful bouquet of flowers (I didn't see those before, that made me feel better about him)

I sat back down on the couch with Olivia, who was now completely awake, and tried to calm down. 

It was kind of scary. I'm really glad Clint locked the door this morning and that the man who was at my door turned out to be really nice. 

Happy ending to a scary story. 
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment