Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Quick Update

Life is looking a little more normal around here. We're getting used to this southern life and loving it!

Clint carpools with an awesome family we moved out here with and so Olivia and I get the car to get out of the house 2-3 times a week. On our days we stay at home we usually go for a walk. We have this amazing little pond around the corner that I love to walk around...
and it takes Olivia and I about 15 minutes, which is plenty of time in this humid heat, let me tell ya. 
Olivia doesn't get thrilled about much, but as you can see, these walks are on the top of her list.

haha just kidding, she really does like them :)
 In this picture she is contemplating the cool creature we had just happened upon that mom got WAY excited about. 

Right? When do you just walk past a turtle on your walk? 

We also have been to story time at the library
Yet another one of Olivia's really excited faces... but it was a fun day.
 It happened to be Johnny Appleseed Day and so we got a free apple and listened to stories about good ol' Johnny. I have to admit, I missed my little second graders for just a minute while we read some of those books...

One Saturday Memphis was having a "Free Museum" day. Most of the museums were actually buy one get one free admission or buy one get one half off... which didn't seem to fit the free label to me, but what can you do... and Clint and Olivia and I went down to join the fun.


We went to the Cotton Museum, which was free, and then walked a little on Beal Street since I hadn't been there yet. Clint had warned me that it wasn't really a family place to take Olivia but I assured him it would be just fine. Then we got there. I guess he was right- I don't think I've smelled pot that strong since high school- so we left pretty quickly. It was long enough to see some cool car show they had going on and take this awesome picture of Clint with the stroller. :) 

Clint is loving Optometry School. This is a bit of a relief for me to tell you the truth. You see, although he shadowed some optometrists and was a part of the optometry club at BYU, he really didn't know exactly what he was getting into. So having him come home excited and loving what he is learning is REALLY nice. The other night he brought home a piece of equipment to study on Olivia and I for a lab he was doing. It was fun to hear him talk about what he was looking at and how he would calculate the lenses. 
(Clint would like to say that he did know what he was getting into and there was only a slight chance he may not have liked it. I'm glad that slight chance turned out well)

Olivia is keeping us busy and she is getting more and more entertaining by the day. This little girl sure has a personality of her own and we love it.

She has learned to smile and a few nights ago I think we may have even gotten a laugh, but we can't get another one so stay tuned for that. :) 
Can you believe she is almost 3 months old? 
Man, where did the time go?






No comments:

Post a Comment