Friday, April 25, 2014

Easter Weekend



I love holidays. I love traditions and being together with my cute little family and I just love it. We had a great Easter weekend. Saturday we went to our ward Easter party. We had a big potluck and egg hunt for the kids and the adults. It was actually kind of funny because there were a group of us optometry students who hadn't gotten started in the adult hunt because we were all watching our babies and the bishop came over and said there was a $100 bill in one of the hidden eggs. You should have seen everyone run! ahh. student loans life...
Just so you know. There was no $100 bill. He's a tricky one, that bishop... ;)
We got our picture taken....
and I swear one day my child will smile on cue, but that day is not last Saturday. or today.
And Olivia got a little farmers tan. I am so glad she got her daddy's skin. I totally spaced putting sun block on her and all the other moms had lathered their kids and Olivia just got a little tan. :)

We came home and did our egg hunt. I hid all the eggs and Clint found them all... next year I'm going to have him hide half. I just didn't think about finding them myself haha and we rolled Olivia's eggs filled with puffs and freeze dried yogurt (yum...) all over the rug. She looked at us like we were crazy until  I opened one egg and she saw the contents and then she was ALL over this easter egg finding business.





That evening we went to a Redbirds baseball game with some friends for a birthday celebration.

Olivia loved the mascot. Can you tell? 


I was nervous because they do fireworks at the stadium every Saturday and we've never taken Olivia to the fireworks before, but she loved them. She was mesmerized from the time they started until they were done. While we were there someone also told me that they do baby crawling races at the baseball games sometimes. Yes. We are going to enter Olivia. Be excited because you know I am!

Sunday morning I made breakfast for us and gave Olivia her Easter basket. Remember how excited I knew she would be? She delivered. She was clapping her hands and loving it.


We went to church and invited some friends over for a little Easter dinner and watched MoTab's Messiah performance which was amazing. ok, I'll be honest, I didn't watch all of it. But I liked what I did watch. :) 

Happy belated Easter everyone! 



1 comment: